Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Feed the Therapist



 
Wanting to do something related to thanksgiving during hippotherapy with my little clients, I had my husband take a photo of me with my mouth open. Then I placed 2 of the same photo on 2 sides of the cider jug. One has a large hole cut out of the mouth area and the other has a smaller hole that requires positioning the folded paper in a vertical position to fit through the opening. I attached the photos with clear contact paper.  
I printed pictures of yams, potatoes, cider, turkey and pumpkin pie. I forgot the cranberry sauce. The children loved folding or pushing the pictures through the opening to "feed the therapist". Either way, it was a great fine-motor activity.
I cut an opening near the bottom of the bottle to remove the pictures and the motor from an electric toothbrush. Some children wanted the bottle to shake, some did not.

No comments:

Post a Comment