Tuesday, December 20, 2011



I am a hippotherapy/therapeutic riding book junkie, so am delighted to add this resource to my collection. This book is a compilation of yoga like poses with clear directions on how to assume and hold them, breath, how many times to repeat movements and what the benefits are.
I work with very young children who would probably not understand the photographs, but therapists can use this book with older children to assist in explaining the poses and make a copy to practice a special pose at home. I envision children with motor planning impairments and decreased strength using these activities to increase motor skills and body awareness.Certainly, riders seeking to reduce pain will find this book helpful and the instructor can tailor these poses according to the individual's diagnosis or goals. My back feels better, just from looking at the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment