Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Promoting Speech with Recorder

It was a beautiful sunny day, pretty warm for November in Massachusetts and sunny enough so that I needed my sun glasses. This 2 year old independently opened and closed the zipper to take my glasses out and put back in the case.

The most fun thing I did today was have a 3 year old (who has down syndrome) repeat what she did into the tape recorder which I played back for her mom later. She mostly repeated one word at a time but did string the phrase "I did it".  Her mom heard a recording of her saying  " five sit ups" and "I went up hill" and "I was kneeling". I am going to do this regularly. These phrases will become more familiar and with practice hopefully she will repeat an entire phrase rather than one word at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment