Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Putting toy Animals in and out of bottles on the Trail

I attached bottles to branches along the trail and had children either remove the animal from the bottle to hold and then put in the bag or put the animal back inside the bottle. This worked on eye-hand coordination and spatial relationships since they had to position the animal to fit inside the bottle. This activity was fun and distracted some of the 2 year olds who were crying a bit today. A few of them were naming the animals and several said bye bye to the toy. My long term goal is to have them pull the reins and stop when they see the bottles. A couple of kids touched the reins when I asked them to stop. The bottles are easier to see than when I placed the animals to find on the ground and I love seeing them use their hands together to insert and remove toys.


No comments:

Post a Comment