Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The kids were all happy today despite the hayfever that is driving me crazy and the cold, wet weather. One little 4 year old was not feeling well, so I didn't push her do to a lot. We spent some time letting her talk into my recorder (that I use for notes) and she was totally fascinated with listening to it. Maybe I will be able to use this as a reinforcement down the road in exchange for doing some challenging work with me. Another little girl with balance problems and gravitational insecurity was willing to stand on top of the stationary horse while we played a game of -she gives me high five/ I make an animal sound/she names the animal. I also do a similar game where the child faces sideways facing me, rotates to give the sidwalker a high 5 who then makes animal sounds. Doing this game while walking in circles (child facing outside the circle) is great for building trunk and abdominal strength.
Barbara Smith, M.S., OTR/L
HorseOT.com

No comments:

Post a Comment