Monday, March 1, 2010

Don't use Nylons


I finally added an airplane to the puzzle pictures I hang in the indoor arena. Now I can give directions to stop the pony in front of the airplane and hold their arms out like an airplane.
I discovered that nylons are not great for my stretchy rings activity and need to find some tights to use instead. The nylons are ripping. I guess its for the best because I can buy tights of some primary colors and they should be pretty strong. Before the stretchy rings started falling apart today, one little girl (my highest functioning in terms of motor planning and following directions) was able to put the ring over her head, pull it down to her waist, then stand up on top of the horse and step out of the ring and then kick it off the horse.
Barbara Smith, M.S., OTR/L author of, The Recycling Occupational Therapist
HorseOT.com

No comments:

Post a Comment