Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Anothe beautiful day. I recommended that a little boy with cerebral palsy come in 15 minutes earlier so that I can try to get him ranged and relaxed before going on the horse. Hopefully, I will then be able to get his hips abducted to straddle the horse. I am waiting to see if this will be approved.

A little girl with Down syndrome spent the session with no crying today for the first time. I took a picture of her smiling- wish I could share it but am not allowed to show work pictures on line. She also said "oh" during the Old Mcdonald song- a big and nice surprise!

I will be having an activity in the Therapy Share column in the American Hippotherapy Association spring magazine. Yippee! I love being published.

Barbara Smith, M.S., OTR/L author of, The Recycling Occupational Therapist
HorseOT.com

1 comment:

  1. What exciting news!!!!!
    I would love a copy of the article when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete