Monday, January 25, 2010

Fixing Faces

A two year old girl with low tone was able to do 3 squat to stand repetitions while the horse was walking. I have done this many times with the horse standing still, but this was a first. Of course it was more challenging and exciting and she did quite well. She and her twin are very willing to try everything and anything!
I made some face form-boards-by printing 4 pictures from the internet. I glued each to a manila folder. Then I cut cut out either a nose, eye ear or mouth and attached one of them somewhere on the picture with velcro. Then I asked the child to fix the picture by putting the nose where it belongs-as shown.


I will try to incorporate this activity into a session where I sing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.


Barbara Smith, M.S., OTR/L author of, The Recycling Occupational Therapist
HorseOT.com








No comments:

Post a Comment