Monday, January 11, 2010

Feed the Puppet


I love working with occupational therapy students. One told me today that another therapist used a puppet- pretending to eat the little toy bugs the children placed inside the mouth. I loved that idea so I cut a slit inside this horse's mouth and sewed the open end of a sock so that children can insert food items and watch the horse munch.

The OT student also shared that the therapist plays a game called "oopsy daisy". She tells them that sometime when they least expect it she will give a little push and they have to be sure to stay balanced. then she sings a special oopsy daisy song which I can't quite remember. But what a versatile game that can be played in all different positions.

Barbara Smith, M.S., OTR/L author of, The Recycling Occupational Therapist
HorseOT.com

1 comment: