Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New Toys Keep the Kids Happy


While walking up the street I came across one of those large toys (in the trash)where you deposit the baby inside with stimulating objects surrounding her and hope that she will stay out of trouble for a few minutes. I removed this attached picture toy, threw it in the dishwasher and used it during hippotherapy to stimulate language. It's nice and sturdy and on the bottom is a mirror. I have been thinking of making a picture book of only B words (boat, baby, bed, book etc.) since so many common words start with B and although I am no speech therapist, it seems that the B sounds (like in Barbara) is pretty easy.

Aside from the B discovery, yesterday was a day filled with pediatric sniffles, coughs and my own headache possibly due to allergies.




Barbara Smith, M.S., OTR/L author of, The Recycling Occupational Therapist
HorseOT.com

No comments:

Post a Comment