Friday, January 2, 2009

Hippotherapy to Help Victim of Lyme's Disease




A young woman Elaina describes on her blog Horsetalk Hippotherapy how hippotherapy helped her to stay active after acquiring Lyme's Disease. She goes to a program called HorseTalk in New Hampshire.

Here is a quote from Elaina's blog that demonstrates how hippotherapy has played a role in helping her cope with pain and maintain a positive attitude:

"I started missing a lot of lessons within the past months, and the ones I have gone to I have not been able to stay long, since I am more tired and hurting worse. I still go though, and love spreading the word about how nice this program is. I have seen kids go from mute to talkative, from unstable to balanced, from distracted to listening well. I am now a close volunteer to the program. I try to help when I can, and this has given me a sense of strength, something to get better for, a light at the end of the tunnel."







Barbara Smith, M.S., OTR/L
Horseot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment